General Manager Job ID: 178 Luke Rodwell
Our client is an expanding software and hardware development company based in central Glasgow, which is part of an ambitious global group. A requirement for a General Manager has been created to oversee its continued growth.
Must be able to manage predominately technical teams (software and hardware development), balancing the needs of these teams with that of the organisation.
KEY PURPOSE OF POST
· To prepare strategies and plans within the wider group context.
· To provide a clear direction in the management of change.
· To establish a structured environment, within which all stakeholders can contribute and gain commitment to a shared vision - with its objectives, strategies, values and policies.
· Formulating appropriate objectives and strategies to develop the organisation.
· Preparation and submission of proposals for programmes, projects and plans to meet the organisation's objectives.
· Evaluating and amending proposals in the light of the organisation's strategic objectives and its needs as a whole.
· Providing overall leadership to the organisation's employees, ensuring that they are motivated and developed to support the work of the company.
· Play a key role in leading the employees to ensure that objectives and targets are met.
· Ensuring effective working relationships and using leadership styles appropriate to the circumstances.
· Delegating responsibility and authority for areas of action as appropriate within the organisation.
· Agreeing targets for individuals and teams.
Financial and Business Acumen
· Selecting key financial and other indicators to monitor programmes, projects and plans.
· Obtaining and evaluating data on performance against key indicators and updating plans and schedules.
· Developing systems for managing future performance.
· Identifying problems and opportunities in products and services.
· Developing effective systems to review the generation and allocation of financial resources.
· Ensuring that the organisation fulfils all statutory, legal and government requirements.
· Ensuring the review and improvement of the organisation's structures and systems.
· Defining values and policies to develop an appropriate organisational culture.
· Encouraging a diversity of working styles among teams and individuals consistent with the achievement of organisational objectives.
The post holder is required to display the following skills:
· Vision and leadership
· Analytical skills
· Decision-making and problem-solving ability
· Ability to manage change
· Excellent financial and business acumen and entrepreneurial skills
· External Relationship skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to plan and organise
· Results Orientation
Candidates are required to demonstrate the following areas of knowledge:
· Previous senior manager experience gained in a software / hardware development environment.
· Significant experience of strategy and business development and implementation.
Country: United Kingdom|
Apply for this Job
Already Registered Log In